Clinics & Services
Services Available Under The NHS Contract
General management of medical conditions - acute problems and chronic illness:
- Health promotion advice
- Emergency care if appropriate
- Referral for other services, if appropriate
- Urgently required care for temporary patients
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services, including IUCD fittings and Nexplanon implants
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services – see below
- Minor surgery procedures
Practice Nurse & Health Care Assistant Services
- Chronic disease monitoring, including Ischemic Heart Disease, Hypertension, Asthma, Diabetes and COPD
- Blood pressure checks
- Dietary and weight reduction advice
- Well woman/man checks
- Smoking cessation
- Flu vaccinations
- Travel health Advice including vaccinations – see below
- Children's immunisations – see below
- Ear care
- Family planning and sexual health
A counsellor attends the surgery on a regular basis.
Antenatal & Postnatal Clinics
All doctors provide full maternity services, including preconception advice.
For the first 10 days or longer if necessary, the midwives will visit you. After 10 days one of the health visitors will be in contact with you and will arrange to visit you. The postnatal examination is usually carried out at six weeks after the birth along with a check up for the baby. Please make an appointment for this in the postnatal clinic.
- Attached midwives: 01249 456434
- Health visitors: 01249 446155
All these are done at our weekly immunisation clinics. We believe that all the immunisations offered are safe and give good protection to children. We hope that all parents will allow their children to benefit from the immunisation programme. If any parent has a concern about immunisations they should discuss this with a doctor, health visitor or the nurse manager.
Further information on children's immunisations can be found here
Foreign Travel Advice
As different countries have ever-changing requirements and recommendations we advise that you investigate the vaccination programme you require as early as possible. More information is available on the Travel Vaccinations tab above.