Clinics We Offer
Services Available Under The NHS Contract
General management of medical conditions - acute problems and chronic illness:
- Health promotion advice
- Emergency care if appropriate
- Referral for other services, if appropriate
- Urgently required care for temporary patients
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services including implants and IUCD fittings/checks
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services
- Minor surgery procedures
Practice Nurse & Health Care Assistant Services
- Chronic disease monitoring including Ischaemic Heart Disease, Hypertension, Asthma, Diabetes and COPD
- Blood pressure checks
- Dietary and weight reduction advice
- Well woman/man checks
- Smoking cessation
- Flu vaccinations
- Travel health advice including vaccinations
- Children's immunisations
- Family planning and sexual health
First Contact Physiotherapy Service
We are pleased to announce that the First Contact Practitioner (FCP) service is live and is available through The Lodge Surgery in conjunction with our Primary Care Network.
Patients who contact the surgery with joint or muscle pains or injuries can now be directed straight to the FCP service. The service provides assessment and enables self-management by qualified and experienced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists without the need to see the doctor or nurse first.
Who can they see?
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone, e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains etc
- Spinal pain including lower-back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal-related pain in arms or legs, including nerve symptoms, eg pins and needles or numbness
- Changes to walking
- Post-orthopaedic surgery
The expected turnaround for contact with the service is far quicker than the traditional physiotherapy service. An appointment will be offered ideally on the same day or within 24 hours, (Monday-Friday). To access the service contact the surgery in the usual way.
(They cannot see under 16s, medical management of rheumatoid conditions, ante- and post-natal physio problems, neurological and respiratory conditions, mental health crisis, those with long term conditions and those who are acutely unwell.)
Antenatal & Postnatal Clinics
All doctors provide full maternity services, including pre-conception advice. To register a pregnancy with Chippenham Birthing Centre please call 01249 456467.
For the first 10 days, or longer if necessary, the midwives will visit you. After 10 days one of the health visitors will be in contact with you and will arrange to visit you. The postnatal examination is usually carried out at six weeks after the birth along with a check up for the baby. Please make an appointment for this in the postnatal clinic.
- Attached midwives: 01249 456434
- Health visitors: 01249 446155
All these are done at our weekly immunisation clinics. We believe that all the immunisations offered are safe and give good protection to children. We hope that all parents will allow their children to benefit from the immunisation programme. If any parent has a concern about immunisations they should discuss this with a doctor, health visitor or the advanced nurse practitioner.
Further information on children's immunisations can be found here
An initial consultation with a GP is required to see the counsellor who attends the surgery on a regular basis.
A GP referral is required in order for patients to be seen in the Minor Ops clinic.